Advice for Moms!


Alright Mom, you're completely frustrated with your husband because he doesn't want to back you up and can't seem to support your parenting decisions. Let me first start by explaining this super common dynamic. We see this every single day in our office and it's almost always this way. I'd say maybe 90% of the time the other 10% is the same dynamic in this situation, just reversed.

At Hope for Families, the first thing we do is identify which of the parents are in what we call the "bad guy role". The very first thing we have to do to get a situation better is get that person, usually the mom could be the dad but I guarantee one of these are in that role.


When parents come to us, they're seeking help to make unified decisions. The next thing that has to happen is we have to get that the "good cop" parent, the one that's minimizing or just doesn't see the abuse as that big of a problem to see that it IS a problem. In order to do that, you've got to back up out of the situation a little bit.


Step #1

You have to fix the dynamic BEFORE you can get to the center of the problem by getting on the same parenting page!


Amber Hollingsworth,

Hope for Families Recovery Center

Hope For Families Recovery Center for Addiction Counseling

136 Milestone Way

Greenville, SC 29615

P) 864-906-2395

F) 864-670-5320

appointments@hffrc.com

To protect the confidentiality of our clients the images used in conjunction to our client testimonials are not images of the actual clients who left these reviews. 

Hope For Families Recovery Center is a participant in the Amazon affiliate program.  We earn a small commission when you buy things off of amazon using one of the links off of our site.  However, there is no additional expense to you. 

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Google+ Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Pinterest Social Icon